It was much later in the day than I had planned when I left LA and the traffic was bumper to bumper on the interstate going out. All going in the same direction as me, of course. I got off at the wrong exit and it took me 2 hours to get back on and go the way I was supposed to go. I was hungry but I wasn't about to exit again. That didn't happen until about 7 PM. I was very frustrated so there are no pictures of my leaving LA. Once we got out of traffic and back in the open land all we saw were hundreds of wind turbines. I had to get to Yuma that night to visit with my aunt and uncle and once again I was quickly running out of daylight. I had planned to stop in Palm Springs to see 2 more of Elvis' homes but darkness arrived before I did. I must do another trip!

We even went by the home of Nicole Brown Simpson. This is a pic of the infamous gate where she was murdered. There were painters there when I stopped by and I briefly thought of asking them if I could go inside but it just didn't feel right to do that. Now if it had been Elvis' house? In a heartbeat!


Elvis had 5 homes in this area and I found all of them. Well, 2 of the houses were no longer there but I found where they ONCE were. It was kind of surreal driving through the neighborhoods of Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Hollywood, and Brentwood. Seeing the street names that I have heard of and then seeing these incredible homes knowing that somebody famous must be living there. I just didn't know who. If I had my map BEFORE I took my spin in the neighborhood then I would have known!

This was Lucy and Desi's home and where she spent most of her years. I saw this one, too, after getting my map.




1174 Hillcrest located in Trousdale Estates in Beverly Hills. What's so special? This was the home of Elvis Presley. He bought the house in 1967 and lived there with Priscilla and was home to Lisa Marie after her birth. He often came out to the gates to talk to fans.

The Beverly Hills Hotel. The hotel was featured on the cover of the Eagles album, Hotel California. It is also the home of the Polo Lounge, a favorite watering hole to the stars.

Ringo Starr's home.

More Rodeo Drive. There were shops, discrete plastic surgeon offices, and whatever else in the maze behind the other shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment